Integration Point provides information that is educational and informative to anyone seeking knowledge on global trade compliance and management.
Beyond the Border Action Plan WebcastA Webcast by Integration Point
The Beyond the Border (BTB) Action Plan announced by the United States and Canada in December 2011, will transform the security and trade relationships between these two countries. But do you know what it is and how it could impact your operations? How will this affect you as an importer or exporter? What can you do to help shape how this plan is implemented?
This 90-minute educational webcast is to better understand how collaboration between the United States and Canada is changing, what makes this bilateral initiative different, and why it matters to you. This webcast will feature Alan Bersin, Assistant Secretary of International Affairs and Chief Diplomatic Officer, US Department of Homeland Security, David Moloney, Senior Advisor, Privy Council Office, Government of Canada, Carol Osmond, Vice President- Policy, I.E.Canada, and Bryce Blegen, CEO, Trusted Trade Alliance. The panelists will provide an overview of the key points of the BTB Action Plan, focusing in particular on the initiatives that will benefit the trade.
- Which key action items will directly affect the trade such as harmonization of advance trade data and trusted trader programs
- What key opportunities are available to the trade through the BTB Action Plan
- Why it is important that the trade be engaged in this process now
- What are the U.S. and Canadian Government responsibilities with this plan
- How the trade can start preparing today for the changes this BTB Action Plan will bring
To view this webcast, fill out the form below: